We’ve made apple pie more healthy and snack-sized, however have nonetheless saved all of the basic, cozy fall flavour you realize and crave. These apple pie granola bars have the entire perks of the conventional slice, with none of the fuss of creating pastry. Full of dried apples, cinnamon, nuts and honey, they’ve severe comfort food attraction, however are healthful sufficient for an on-the-go breakfast. Should you’re feeling decadent, dip one aspect of those bars in melted butterscotch chips or serve a la mode.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook dinner Time: 5 minutes
Chill Time: 30 minutes
Complete Time: 45 minutes
Makes: Eight to 10 bars
1⁄2 cup unsalted entire roasted almonds
1⁄2 cup unsalted roasted hazelnuts, chopped
1⁄2 cup unsalted roasted walnuts, chopped
1/Three cup rolled oats, toasted
1⁄Four cup honey
2 Tbsp almond butter
1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
1⁄2 tsp salt
1⁄2 cup dried apple rings, diced
1/Three cup butterscotch chips or salted caramel chips, melted (non-obligatory)
1. Line an 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving overhang.
2. In a medium bowl, combine to mix almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts and oats. Put aside.
3. In a small saucepan, mix honey, almond butter, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Whereas constantly whisking over low warmth, heat combination till it begins to softly bubble. Take away from warmth and pour combination into nut combination.
4. Utilizing a spatula fold in diced dried apples and blend till all the things is completely mixed. Switch into lined pan and tightly pack the combination with the again of the spatula. Ensure there are not any gaps.
5. Refrigerate for at the very least 30 minutes to agency up.
6. Utilizing parchment overhang, elevate granola bar combination from baking pan onto a chopping board. Minimize the chilled granola bar combination into Eight to 10 bars or squares. If desired, dip one aspect of the chilled bars into the melted butterscotch chips or salted caramel chips and place on parchment till set. Serve.