“It is a low-cost and straightforward dish. You possibly can add chopped cauliflower, purple pepper or aubergine earlier than the candy potato; throw in shredded cooked rooster with the tomatoes; add uncooked prawns or white fish items 5 minutes earlier than the tip of the cooking time; or serve in a flatbread with grated carrot, coriander and shredded lettuce. ”
- Warmth 2 tablespoons of oil in a big saucepan over a medium warmth.
- Peel, finely slice and add the onion together with the curry paste, combine effectively, then cook dinner for 10 minutes, or till the onion is smooth and golden, stirring sometimes.
- Finely chop the chilli, then peel and finely grate the ginger. Choose the coriander leaves and finely slice the stalks. Chop the candy potatoes into 2cm chunks.
- Add the chilli, ginger, coriander stalks and candy potato to the softened onion. Drain and tip within the chickpeas, then cook dinner for five minutes.
- Roughly chop and add the recent tomatoes (if utilizing) or tip within the tinned tomatoes. Add 200ml of water and produce to the boil.
- Scale back the warmth to a simmer, then cowl and cook dinner for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take away the lid, then cook dinner for an extra 15 to 20 minutes, stirring sometimes, or till the candy potato is cooked by means of and the sauce thickened.
- Stir within the coconut milk and cook dinner for a few minutes, then stir within the spinach and cook dinner till wilted.
- Scatter over the coriander leaves, then serve with poppadoms and rice, should you like.
To freeze the curry for one more time, go away it to chill within the pan, then spoon into portion-sized containers or freezer baggage and freeze. The curry will hold there for as much as three months.