Need a delicious and healthful resolution to swap up your breakfast routine? This teff breakfast bowl is it! Impressed by my Ethiopian Canadian upbringing, it’s a tasty spin on the flavours of home. Teff is an historic grain that is quintessential to Ethiopian and Eritrean delicacies – it’s usually found throughout the standard Ethiopian flatbread injera. This tiny grain is rich in minerals like manganese and iron. Plus, it’s packed with protein. In case you need a few additional causes in order so as to add it to your pantry, teff will also be an superior provide of fibre and is naturally gluten-free.
This healthy breakfast bowl is flavoured with cinnamon, cloves and cardamom – all of the necessary substances to Ethiopian tea. The spiced teff is topped with crisp pears, creamy almond butter and crunchy pecans that pair fully with the grain. Lastly, it’s sweetened with Canadian maple syrup, so each spoonful is rich in flavour and texture.
Teff Breakfast Bowl
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Full Time: 35 minutes
Teff Breakfast Bowl
1 cup teff grains (not the flour – till you want a smoother texture)
2/Three cup water
2/Three cup almond milk
1 stick cinnamon
half of tsp cloves
half of tsp cardamom
1 half of pears, sliced
half of cup pecans
6 tsp maple syrup
Three Tbsp almond butter
1. Add the teff, water, almond milk, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom to a pot and produce to a boil. Ensure to stir typically. As a result of it begins to thicken, flip the heat down and put a lid on the pot until it’s cooked throughout. Tip: Use a rice cooker to make sure a perfect batch every time.
2. Pour 1/Three of the teff mix proper right into a bowl and take away the cloves, cinnamon and cardamom.
3. Prime the teff bowl with half a thinly sliced pear, 1/Three of the pecans, 1 Tbsp almond butter and a pair of tsp maple syrup.
4. Pour the remaining teff mix evenly into two bowls and repeat the topping steps listed above (or refrigerate and experience as two days’ worth of pre-made breakfast).
5. Seize a spoon and eat up!